Animals and Antiques and American History
At Space Farms Zoo & Museum, you don’t have to choose between going to the zoo or a museum. This 100-acre area is located in Wantage, NJ and includes both a nine building museum as well as a 500 animal zoo. Space Farms Zoo & Museum is a great place to take your children to have a fun-filled day. Kids can learn about animals and their natural habitats while also brushing up in their American history. The zoo and museum are the perfect combo for kids of all ages looking to have an adventurous day.
90 years of tradition…
Space Farms Zoo & Museum has a unique story to match its one of a kind atmosphere. Started by Ralph and Elizabeth Space in 1927 as a place to conserve animals and wildlife, Space Farms Zoo & Museum has turned into NJ’s largest combined zoo and museum. Today third and fourth generations of the Space family oversee the work and ensure a safe and fun environment for everyone. The family tradition makes Space Farms Zoo & Museum a special experience for all families.
What’s at the Space Farms Zoo?
- Filled with over 100 species, the zoo is a great spot to see all kinds of animals
- Local, native animals and rare creatures from around the world
- Largest private collection of North American animals in their natural surroundings in the US
- Holds the record for having the largest bear in the world
- Interactive experiences – daily animal feeds, live parrot shows
- Picnic area and playground
What about the Space Farms Museum?
- Filled with tons of American history
- Cars, Bicycles, Horse Drawn Carriages
- Antique Dolls
- Fire Arms collection
- Miniature Circus
- Over 50,000 artifacts
Although Space Farms Zoo & Museum is closed for the winter, it will open again in March. Make sure to pick a weekend and mark your calendars to take your kids to this wonderful and interactive zoo and museum. Check out other zoos in New Jersey as well as museums in central jersey, south jersey and north jersey! To learn more about this location that’s as fun for your kids as wine night is for you check out their website, Facebook and Twitter pages.