With September here and kids back in school, now is the perfect time to try something new. So get this—you can try out brand new skincare and personal care stuff and get paid for it. Thanks to Consumer Product Testing Labs, you can test out makeup and skincare before it hits store shelves and receive up to $200 just for letting them know how it worked for you. Here’s the deal: You sign up for a study, visit the CPT laboratory to qualify and pick up the product, try it at home, and then revisit CPT to report back—it’s that easy. You score swag for your medicine cabinet and get some extra cash (we call that a win-win). With new studies continually being added to the line-up, you can get first dibs on a bunch of self-care goodies like eyeliner, and skincare (plus, even some goodies for kids.) Read on to find out how and when you can have a say, and learn more about CPT, as well as how they’re taking actions to keep their panelists and staff safe with state-mandated operating guidelines.
Here are CPT’s newest must-know trials
With studies available for both women and men, CPT makes it simple to sign up. Simply click on the links for more in-depth details about each study and keep in mind the initial visit determines if you qualify. Also good to note: The studies change frequently, and they are always posting new ones, so be sure to like CPT’s Facebook page for daily updates and new studies. When you’re ready to commit, check in with them to find out if the one you want is still available. And CPT has implemented multiple precautionary and safety procedures: These include wearing a face mask, limiting the number of panelists onsite at a time, arriving 15 minutes early to your scheduled appointment, a temperature pre-check, 6-feet spacing throughout the building, and more (see below), so you can feel confident that you will be safe while on the property and in the building. Sunscreen products are tested in their photobiology laboratory. And good to know—their take-home studies pay between $30 and up depending on the study details, like the number of visits and how long the study lasts.
4-Week Age Defying Moisturizer Study is looking for females ages 35-65 on September 29, October 6, 20, and November 3. Payment is $135.
12-Week Anti-Aging Product Study is for males and females ages 35-65 on September 28, October 5, November 2, 30, and December 28. Payment is $240.
Lip Balm Study is open to males and females on September 30, October 7, and 21. Payment is $70.
Eye Drop Study is looking for males and females ages 18-65 on October 1, 15, and 29. You’ll need to attend all 3 visits and have an exam with a Dermatologist and Ophthalmologist. Payment is $80.
Color Correcting Pressed Powder Study is for females ages 18-40 on October 1 and 22. Payment is $60.
Concealer Study is open to females ages 18-45 on October 6 and November 3. Payment is $75.
14-Day Cumulative Patch Study is looking for males and females on October 8 through October 22, for a total of 14 visits with no weekend visits. Payment is $170.
Color Correcting Concealer Study is open to females ages 18-40 on October 8 and 29. Payment is $60.
Night Cream Study is looking for females ages 18-65 on October 8 and 22. Payment is $50.
Get started today
Before you sign up, read what other mamas are saying about their experiences with reviewing and earning some extra money, too. When you’re ready, click here to find out what you need to do to become a panelist. If you do not see anything that piques your interest now, you can still register to become a panelist. Stop by CPT to fill out a health profile, and they’ll notify you when a study fits your credentials.
CPT is a global leader in the testing of personal care, pharmaceutical, and therapeutic products. From 1975, the company has put integrity first and foremost when testing products and creating clinical trials.
This post is sponsored by Consumer Product Testing, a company dedicated to providing safe and ethical studies for you and your family.
Consumer Product Testing Company
70 New Dutch Lane
Fairfield, New Jersey 07004
Phone: (973) 359-5879
CPT Safety Measures Statement:
The health of our panelists and staff is our primary concern. Panelists will be contacted to schedule appointments for all studies, including patch tests. You will only be admitted into the facility if you have a scheduled appointment.
Consumer Product Testing℠ Company, Inc. (CPT℠) has implemented a Biosafety and Security Policy, with the core objective of establishing sustainable, safe operations for our employees and panelists, as a result of the COVID‐19 pandemic. We based our policy upon analyzing best practices and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Safety Council (NSC), and local and state guidance in New Jersey.
When you arrive at our facility, the new precautionary and safety procedures outlined below will help keep you and our staff safe during these challenging times.
• CPT℠ will be limiting the number of panelists in our facility at any one time.
• While onsite, you will need to adhere to social distancing protocols. You will be asked to remain 6 feet apart from one another when in any waiting area. Each area will have spacing markers on the floor.
• We ask that you patiently wait your turn and allow more time for your visit due to the social distancing regulations.
• Our security officers will be helping facilitate social distancing and compliance with all safety procedures.
• Before your visit, you will be asked several questions concerning your general health, and you will be required to confirm those answers when you visit the facility. Any panelist exhibiting signs of COVID‐19 will not be scheduled for a clinical trial and will be turned away from our facility should they appear.
• Panelists will be required to keep your appointment schedules.
• Panelists will be required to arrive at the facility 15 minutes before their scheduled time. Personal items, other than identification required for participation, will not be allowed in the facility. You may be asked to wait in your car until you are called into the building. Please dress appropriately.
• Panelists will not be allowed to have anyone accompany them into the facility for their appointment. No children or additional family members.
• Panelists will be required to wear masks that meet minimum standards for their protection and the safety of our staff in accordance with the NJ State Mandate and the CPT℠ Biosafety and Security Policy. If the security officers deem that a mask does not meet the minimum standards, you will not be allowed in the building. You must keep the mask on at all times when onsite and in the facility.
• Panelists who are scheduled for a trial will have their temperature taken for a pass/fail and any panelist that fails will not be admitted to the facility.
• Panelists who are admitted into the facility will sanitize their hands before entering the laboratory and again on leaving the facility.
• Panelists shall refrain from touching hard surfaces, such as doorknobs, counters, and benches.
• Panelists shall refrain from using the CPT℠ restrooms. Please plan ahead.
• Panelists will follow all traffic flow patterns established in the building, following the visual cues, as well as all directions from staff for physical distancing.
• Panelists shall be provided trial documents that need to be read and signed in a container that will be sanitized after each use. Their daily schedule, instructions, and additional study paperwork will be provided in this sealed plastic zip‐lock bag. Each time that panelists arrive for their clinical trial, they will return with their trial documents in that sealed plastic zip‐lock bag.
• Panelists shall not loiter in the building but will sanitize their hands on exiting the building immediately upon completion of their trial visit.
We want to make all of our panelists feel comfortable when participating in studies at our facility. We will be doing our best to make this a positive experience for all of our panelists. We welcome you to visit our website to see the summary of our policy for participating in a clinical trial, as well as available new studies.