As mommas, we love to give our opinion about almost everything to do with our little ones (if not everything)! Consumer Product Testing Company (CPT), located in Fairfield, NJ, has made that possible by offering opportunities to get paid to test out new products for the whole family (mom, dad, siblings, and grandparents, too). CPT wants you to know there is a way to help shape the products that you and your family are using. It’s your voice!
When you sign up to become a panelist and begin testing products at CPT (don’t forget you are paid for these studies!), you are surrounded by a team of medical professionals and staff dedicated to improving the lives of those around. Safety and integrity are at the core of consumer product testing at CPT.
Many of the products being tested at CPT are FDA regulated, and some are even reviewed by the Institutional Review Board (IRB), an external third-party review, prior to getting the final seal of approval from panelists. The IRB is an ethics committee that includes scientists, medical professionals and lay people. Having the IRB review a study is based upon CPT‘s expertise to see if a product being reviewed needs the approval of the IRB as being ethical and safe.
Here’s everything you need to know about getting paid for your voice at CPT in Fairfield, NJ:
Why become a panelist with CPT?
CPT knows how important the safety of your family is, and mainly test products from major brands that comply with regulatory requirements and are on their way to being sold at retail stores. You will be testing products in their final stage to be ready for sale to the public.
As an example, the study will ask you if the product goes on easily, or does it blend properly? Does the product hydrate, moisturize, and heal like it says it will? The products are ultimately testing your happiness with the product features. Your opinion and the scientific data received are valued for each product.
CPT takes this process very seriously, as well as the requirements to perform testing involving any of their panelists whether an adult, minor or child.
Who is eligible to become a panelist?
CPT searches for adult participants ranging from 18-79 years old for most of their studies to evaluate products including cosmetics, sunscreens, and antiperspirants. In addition, CPT also tests products for diabetics and many other health conditions.
For studies involving children, CPT pediatric studies range in age from 3 months and up to 17 years, depending on the study.
What studies are currently available now at CPT?
There are facial studies for women of all ages and studies for our male panelists as well. Please see our current listing below. Please keep in mind our studies are always changing.
- There are patch back studies beginning every Monday and Wednesday for males and females ages 16-79 years old. A five-week study includes a one week resting week built in. Payment is $200.
- CPT also tests sunscreen products on a panelist’s back, and there are numerous studies on an ongoing basis including water and static studies. Payment varies depending on the product and length of the stay. Males and females age ranging from 18-70 years old. These types of studies take three days to complete.
- Pediatric Body Care Lotion (for boys and girls aged 3 months- 36 months). This study includes two visits lasting approximately 30 minutes each. Studies begin on Thurs. 2/7/19 and Fri. 3/8/19, and appointments are available between 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Pediatric Gum Soothing Gel (for boys and girls aged 3 months- 24 months). This study includes two visits lasting approximately 20 minutes each. Studies being o nThurs. 2/7/19 and Fri. 3/8/19, and appointments are between 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Future Pediatric studies:
- For children ages 3 months – 4 years include diapers, laundry detergent, body care.
- For children ages 18 months – 5 years include training pants and diapers.
- Payment for 2 visit Pediatric studies is $60, however can vary depending on the study criteria. If you refer a friend and you will receive a $20 referral fee when their child completes the study.
- Skin Moisturization – Acne Products (moderate to severe acne) (for females and males ages 16 – 45 years old) begin on Tuesday, 2/5/19 and Tues 3/5/19 from 2pm – 3:30 pm. Both visits are approximately 1-1.5 hours.
- Gynecological In-Use Safety Evaluation of a Natural Rubber Latex Condom (for females and males). This includes a 4 week study and 2 in-office visits. Females will receive a gynecological exam (speculum only) at both visits. Payment for females is $80 and for males is $50.
What can I expect on the day of my study?
On the first day of your study, you will need to bring in a valid ID card (and if the testing is for your child, you’ll need a birth certificate and legal proof of guardianship if you are not the parent). You’ll arrive at the testing facility and be directed to the study room where you will fill out an Informed Consent Form and Medical History about you or your child’s health. Once reviewed and qualified for the study, you will meet with a Board-Certified Pediatrician, and/or Dermatologist, or other physician based on the study type and area the product will be used.
Your paperwork will be reviewed to make sure you and/ or your child is a good candidate for the study. Once qualified, you will be given the products to take home for a specific period of time. Some of their studies are performed right there at the facility in one day. Upon completion of the study, you will return to the facility for a follow-up visit with the same physicians.
Here’s what participants are saying about being a panelist at CPT:
Becoming a product tester with CPT was even easier than I thought. Everyone on the team was wonderful to work with and answered all my questions. After my first experience, I definitely plan on participating in another trial!” – Kelly, 29
Check out testimonials from other participants here.
Don’t see a study that interests you right now? Register to become a panelist and you will be notified when a study fits your credentials by stopping by CPT to fill out what is called a Health Profile. This information will be entered into the system so that you are ready to start testing when you see a study you are interested in.
CPT is a global leader in the testing of personal care, pharmaceutical, and therapeutic products. From 1975, the company has put integrity first and foremost when testing products and creating clinical trials. The laboratory is located in Fairfield, New Jersey.
This post is sponsored by Consumer Product Testing, a company dedicated to providing safe and ethical studies for you and your family.
Consumer Product Testing Company
70 New Dutch Lane
Fairfield, New Jersey 07004
Phone: (973) 359-5879