The Best Sledding Hills In New Jersey
If there is one thing that makes winter awesome in New Jersey, it’s going sledding. With the first sign of snow fall comes the never-ending question from the four foot and under crowd,“When can we go sledding?”
Your biggest question, however, is, “WHERE are we going sledding?”
My favorite way to find the best sledding hills New Jersey has to offer? Through other moms! NJ Mom asked our readers where their favorite sledding hills could be found. For many of our moms, these are locations they have been enjoying since their own childhoods.
- “Our favorite is the EHT Nature Reserve [in Galloway].” – Marci L.
- “Van Saun County Park in Paramus has really great hills.” – Susan A.
- TJ Hill in Fair Lawn, between HB Milnes Elementary and Thomas Jefferson Middle School on Morlot Ave. What’s cool about this hill is that there’s 2! So, you go down the first and there’s a bit of a flat spot and then theres the next. If you have enough speed you can really fly!” – Regina P.
- Bear Mountain, Palisades Parkway, Fort Lee
- Froggy Park, Tenafly
- Junior Senior High School, Ridgefield Park
- Ramsey High School. Ramsey
- Atkins Glen Park, Park Ridge
- Millcreek Park, Willingboro
- “Hands down Laurel Acres Park in Mount Laurel.” – Michele C.
- Golden Pheasant Country Club, Lumberton
- “Riker Hill Art Park in Livingston” – Laura M. Riker Hill art park in Livingston
- “My husband raves about sledding at Flood’s Hill in South Orange when he was growing up. He can’t wait to take our daughter this year.” – Carrie L.
- Mountainside Park, Montclair
- ‘Double Hill’ in Hudson County Park, Bayonne
- “Bunny Hill in Kearny by the AppleBees. [I] Grew up sledding there and now take my kids. [It’s a] Pretty big hill!” – Renee L.
- Hoffman Park, Union Township
- Round Valley Reservoir, Clinton
- Veterans Park, Hamilton
- Banchoff Park, Ewing
- Thompson Park, Jamesburg
- East Brunswick High School
- Buccleuch Park, New Brunswick
- “The Mountain Way School, in Morris Plains, has a majorly steep hill. The ultimate for sledding. That’s where we used to go all the time.” – Hilary M.
- Villa Walsh Academy, Morristown
- Chubb Park, Chester
- Tourne Park, Boonton
- Lewis Morris County Park, Morris Township
- Schooley’s Mountain Park, Washington Township
- Hopatcong State Park, Landing – Jessica L
- “My family loves the giant hill at Holmdel Park. We’ve been going there since my now 6 year old was 2!” – Reesa L.
- “For little ones Tower Hill in Red Bank. Otherwise Holmdel Park.” – Jackie P.
- “‘Cemetery Hill’ which is behind Aldi on Rt 36 in West Long Branch.” – Amy M.
- Howell Library, Howell
- Cheesequake Park, Matawan
- “Monmouth battlefield park in Manalapan has a nice hill that is popular for sledding.” – Melissa M.
- Monmouth Battlefield State Park, Manalapan
- Ocean County Park, Lakewood
- Goffle Brook Park, Hawthorne
- Garrett Mountain Reservation, Paterson
- Zelenka Park, Clifton
- Eastside Park, Paterson
- William Paterson University, Paterson
- Bubbling Springs Park, West Milford
- “Nash Park in Clifton, right across from the BEST hotdogs all the way: HOT GRILL!!” – Lisa I.
- The Hill at Sussex County Community College, Newton – Diana E.
- Echo Lake Park, Mountainside
- Galloping Hill Golf Course, Kenilworth
- Briant Park, Summit
- Allamuchy Mountain State Park, Hackettstown
Is your favorite sledding hill on this list? If not, where is it?