August is here, so there’s no better time to try new products and earn extra cash before fall. With Consumer Product Testing Labs (CPT), you can sample brand-new self-care and beauty products before they go on store shelves and earn extra money (up to $400) while doing it. Simply sign up, visit the CPT laboratory to qualify, pick up the product, try it at home, and revisit CPT to report back (your feedback helps shape the final product). The best part is you and your family get to test stuff you can really use, like moisturizer, makeup bag treats like foundation and family products like baby wipes and deodorant. With studies updated weekly, you can all get in on the testing dates below and sign up for future ones. Read on to learn more about CPT and how they’re taking action to keep their panelists and staff safe with state-mandated operating guidelines. And be sure to check back here for updates. (Featured Image Photo: Istock/Drazen Zigic)
Here are CPT’s newest must-know trials
With studies available for women, men and kids, CPT is easy to sign up for and do. Click on the links for more in-depth details about each study, and keep in mind the initial visit determines if you qualify. Also, good to note: The studies change frequently, and they are constantly posting new ones, so be sure to like CPT’s Facebook page for daily updates and recent studies. When you’re ready to commit, check in with them to determine if the study you want is still available. You can also call them to make an appointment to get qualified to become a panelist and be notified of the latest studies since they’re always taking new people to sign up and test products. FYI—Sunscreen products are tested in their photobiology laboratory, and all take-home studies pay $30 and up, depending on the number of visits and how long the study lasts.
STUDIES FOR KIDS AND TEENS
Facial Cosmetics and Deodorant Study for females ages 11-20. Visits are on August 12 and September 9. Parents/Legal Guardians must accompany their child 17 years old and younger to both visits. Payment is $75.
STUDIES FOR ADULTS
Sunscreen Water Back Studies for males and females ages 18-65. Ongoing appointments, call for an appointment for three visits over three consecutive days. Skin types I, II, and III. Call 973-577-9414 to sign up now. Payment is between $120 and $135*. *If this is your first time participating in a water or static study, or it has been more than one year since you participated in a water/static study, you will receive an additional $15.
Future Studies To Come—Call 973-965-8195 and press 5 to get on the list
- Pediatric and Teen Studies: boys and girls ages 3 months-2 years, 2 years-12 years, and teen studies too. Leave your child’s name with the recruitment staff, and new products will be coming soon. If you refer a friend/relative and they complete the study as their first study, you will receive an additional $20 finder’s fee for Pediatric and Teen Studies
- Pediatric Baby Wipes Study for boys and girls ages 3 months-2 years
- Feminine Care Product for females ages 18-60 with two visits and payment is $80. This study involves an exam with a Board-Certified Gynecologist
- Do you wear contact lenses? Upcoming eye product studies for females ages 18-65
- Do you have sensitive skin and are prone to redness and blotchiness on your face?
- We are also looking for people with port wine stains and/or vitiligo
- Do you have Keratosis Pilaris (rough and bumpy skin)?
- Do you use Adapalene to treat breakouts/acne? We have a future study that you may qualify for. This study will be for males and females ages 16-30. Must have acne-prone skin lesions
- Do you have dark spots and surface imperfections? This could include post-inflammatory marks, post-acne, or hyperpigmentation (sunspots). Males and females ages 18-55
- UVA Sunscreen Studies: females and males ages 18-70
- Refer a friend or relative to participate in a Water, Static, or UVA study as their first study, and you will receive a $20 finder’s fee when the study is complete. *If this is your first water or static study or if you have not participated in a water or static study in over a year, you will receive an additional $15
- Refer a friend/relative who completes a RIPT BACK STUDY as their first study and receive a $40 Finder’s Fee when the study is completed.
- Ask about Back Studies
Get started today
Before you sign up, read what other mamas say about their experiences with reviewing and earning some extra money. Click here to determine what you need to do to become a panelist when you’re ready. If you do not see anything that piques your interest, you can still register to become a panelist. Stop by CPT to fill out a health profile, and they’ll notify you when a study fits your credentials.
CPT is a global leader in testing personal care, pharmaceutical, and therapeutic products. Since 1975, the company has put integrity first and foremost when testing products and creating clinical trials.
This post is sponsored by Consumer Product Testing, a company dedicated to providing safe and ethical studies for you and your family.
Consumer Product Testing Company
70 New Dutch Lane
Fairfield, New Jersey 07004
Phone: (973) 359-5879
CPT Safety Measures Statement:
The health of our panelists and staff is our primary concern. Panelists will be contacted to schedule appointments for all studies, including patch tests. You will only be admitted into the facility if you have a scheduled appointment.
Consumer Product Testing℠ Company, Inc. (CPT℠) has implemented a Biosafety and Security Policy. The core objective is to establish sustainable, safe operations for our employees and panelists due to the COVID‐19 pandemic. We based our policy upon analyzing best practices and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Safety Council (NSC), and local and state guidance in New Jersey.
The new precautionary and safety procedures outlined below will help keep you and our staff safe during these challenging times when you arrive at our facility.
• CPT℠ will be limiting the number of panelists in our facility at any one time.
• While onsite, you will need to adhere to social distancing protocols. You will be asked to remain 6 feet apart from one another when in any waiting area. Each area will have spacing markers on the floor.
• We ask that you patiently wait your turn and allow more time for your visit due to the social distancing regulations.
• Our security officers will be helping facilitate social distancing and compliance with all safety procedures.
• Before your visit, you will be asked several questions concerning your general health, and you will be required to confirm those answers when you visit the facility. Any panelist exhibiting signs of COVID‐19 will not be scheduled for a clinical trial and will be turned away from our facility should they appear.
• Panelists will be required to keep your appointment schedules.
• Panelists will be required to arrive at the facility 15 minutes before their scheduled time. Personal items other than identification required for participation will not be allowed in the facility. You may be asked to wait in your car until you are called into the building.
• Panelists will not be allowed to have anyone accompany them into the facility for their appointment. No children or additional family members.
• Panelists will be required to wear masks that meet minimum standards for their protection and our staff’s safety per the NJ State Mandate and the CPT℠ Biosafety and Security Policy. If the security officers deem that a mask does not meet the minimum standards, you will not be allowed in the building. You must keep the mask on at all times when onsite and in the facility.
• Panelists scheduled for a trial will have their temperature taken for a pass/fail, and any panelist who fails will not be admitted to the facility.
• Panelists admitted into the facility will sanitize their hands before entering the laboratory and again on leaving the facility.
• Panelists shall refrain from touching hard surfaces, such as doorknobs, counters, and benches.
• Panelists shall refrain from using the CPT℠ restrooms. Please plan ahead.
• Panelists will follow all traffic flow patterns established in the building, following the visual cues and staff directions for physical distancing.
• Panelists shall be provided trial documents that need to be read and signed in a container sanitized after each use. Their daily schedule, instructions, and additional study paperwork will be provided in this sealed plastic zip‐lock bag. Each time panelists arrive for their clinical trial, they will return with their trial documents in that sealed plastic zip‐lock bag.
• Panelists shall not loiter in the building but will sanitize their hands on exiting the building immediately upon completing their trial visit.
We want to make all of our panelists feel comfortable when participating in studies at our facility. We will be doing our best to make this a positive experience for our panelists. We welcome you to visit our website to see the summary of our policy for participating in a clinical trial, as well as available new studies.