I think about weight loss a lot, but like many women, I think about it more during the summer. Even if you don’t wear a swimsuit, you still show more of your body during summer out of necessity, and that can be really stressful if you’re self-conscious about your weight. I’ve often been guilty of freaking out in March, knowing summer was just around the corner and that I had just enough time to really kick some weight loss into full gear. I was determined to get to a happy place so I would feel totally comfortable in sleeveless tops, shorts, and other various and sundry summer clothes in my closet.
But, you know how the story ends. Life happens. Your days don’t suddenly get easier when summer arrives (in fact, if you have kids in school, you know summers can be even more stressful than the rest of the year). You’re busy, and however determined you might be, and however successfully you stick to a diet for awhile, eventually life gets you. You start grabbing what’s convenient from the fridge rather than what’s good for you. “I’ll just have this for lunch and make up for it at dinner.” How many times have you told yourself that? If I had a dollar for every time, well, I would be writing this post from my private island where well-paid staff brought me drinks and fanned me with palm fronds on demand. But, I digress.
Regardless of your reason for dieting, and no matter which diet you choose, it’s difficult to remain focused and stick to it. When I went in search of the right diet for me, I decided I needed a diet that practically “writes” itself and makes it easy for me to choose foods even on my busiest and most stressful days. When I heard about the Why Weight? weight-loss program, I knew it was something that could work for me.
Why Weight? is a diet that not only does its primary job (help you lose weight), but it also has the added bonus of helping you redefine how you think about food and how it affects your lifestyle. It’s based around 3 basic ideas:
- Eating Right: While you’re on this diet, you’ll experience very strict food requirements that force you to rethink your daily eating habits. It takes a lot of the “guess work” out of choosing the proper foods. After the first 43 days, your options will slowly expand, and you will have learned how to incorporate different foods back into your diet in smart ways.
- Body Analysis: When you join the diet, you’ll undergo a body analysis, called a bio-scan, which will measure your weight, body fat percentage, pounds in fat, visceral fat, water percentage, metabolic age, fat free mass, and body mass index. You’ll learn more about your body than you thought possible, and you’ll have that as a foundation to begin your diet. Of course, it’s also fun to have another scan later in your weight-loss journey to see how far you’ve come.
- Accountability: This diet features a life coaching component, in which you’ll check in frequently with a diet coach to talk about your progress and goals. Any challenges you face along the way can be addressed with your coach to help you overcome them and make the most of your diet. You will also want to journal your daily food intake, which is another way to help you rethink your food habits and even encourages you to hold yourself accountable…to yourself. After all, you’re the most important part of this equation, and you deserve the best experience you can get.
Because I know how difficult diets can be, I always appreciate it when people tell me about the challenges up-front, which is what I’m going to do for you. Here are 3 things I think you should know before embarking on your Why Weight? journey:
- You’ll be drinking tons of water. Before I even started the diet, I was a big-time water drinker; it’s pretty much all I drink. Even so, the amount of water required for this diet surprised me.
- Food options are very limited for the first 43 days, and the choices can be difficult if you’re a picky eater. Make sure to open your food horizons and prepare to try things you might have avoided in the past.
- Again, because food options are limited at first, this diet is very difficult to maintain on vacation. If you know you’re going out of town soon, you might want to start the diet after you get back. If that’s not an option, you’ll definitely want to plan ahead so that you can make good food choices while you’re gone. Being stressed on a vacation is no good, so planning ahead will help you avoid unnecessary food stressors. This also goes for holidays and special events: if you have something coming up where food will be served, plan ahead.
That said, while this diet is strict and doesn’t provide much wiggle room, it absolutely works if you stick to it and do it correctly. By limiting my food choices, it helped me “start over” and reset the way I think about food. I no longer go for what’s convenient; instead, I more consciously think about what I’m putting into my body and reach for something better. I also lost 11 pounds in the first 3 weeks. If you’ve ever dieted, you know how frustrating and hard it can be to lose even 10 pounds. To see immediate results and shed 11 pounds in 3 weeks was a huge motivator for me. Seeing my success early on encouraged me to keep going. Not only that, do you know how good it feels to fit into your “skinny” jeans again? Now I do, and I want you to feel it, too.If you’re ready to change the way you think about food and kick start a successful weight-loss program, you’ll definitely want to learn more about Why Weight?. Make sure to check out WhyWeightOnline.com for information on how to get a free consultation, and follow them on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date and gain helpful weight-loss and healthy-living tips for you and your entire family!