- This event has passed.
The Market at Whitechapel Projects
August 1 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
We’re excited to announce THE MARKET AT WHITECHAPEL PROJECTS, a Farmers, Growers, & Makers Market hosted by Whitechapel Projects, Asbury Park Bazaar and Long Branch Bazaar.
The Market will take place weekly on Saturdays mid-July through mid-October and will feature the best in New-Jersey made fresh produce, food, handcrafted goods, and vintage. Featuring a curated roster of small independently owned local farms, makers, and artisans, the markets aim to build a thriving community, support small businesses, and create a healthier lifestyle and greater food access to all. Events are all ages, free and rain or shine.
MARKET DATES, LOCATION & HOURS
Saturdays, July 18 through October 17, 2020, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Whitechapel Projects, 15 2nd Ave, Long Branch, NJ 07740
THE WHITECHAPEL PROJECTS is a beautiful arts, food and cultural venue in Long Branch featuring a sustainable restaurant and bar inspired by local ingredients, products and community collaboration; craft nano-brewery; 8,000-square-foot outdoor beer garden; enclosed outdoor courtyard; and a multi-purpose, 2,100-square-foot indoor space.
We are looking for stand-out vendors, farmers, makers, crafters, artists and collectors who sell fresh food or locally grown food and/or pre-packaged goods, artisan, handcrafted, vintage or fair trade goods. Applications are due asap and no later than July 3. To apply, visit www.asburyparkbazaar.com/market-apply
Our goal is to provide a positive, safe experience for all. We are following state and county guidelines, and CDC recommended safeguards including:
* Entrances and exists to the market clearly marked. Number of customers allowed in at any one time will be controlled. Additional signs and markings will control pedestrian flow.
* Providing social distancing shopping – vendor rows set up 6 feet apart. Face masks and physical distancing required of all staff, vendors and customers.
* Vendors will also be required to wear gloves. Providing hand sanitizing stations at the entry/exit from the market. No-touch purchasing system – customers will have to identify what they wish to purchase and only the vendor will be allowed to handle the products as the sale is completed.
* Vendors will ensure products, tables and displays are sanitized, and are recommended to have hand sanitizer available at their booth.
* Use of debit and credit transactions will be encouraged to minimize potential contamination.
* Encouraging people to not visit if they are sick or a member of a high-risk group. Asking people to shop quickly and efficiently. Show up early to avoid the crowds, and try to limit your visit to 30 minutes or less.
* Please note: As restrictions change due to COVID-19, protocols may change.