- This event has passed.
Perky’s Pumpkin Derby
October 28, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join us on Saturday, October 28th at 2pm for our annual Perky’s Pumpkin Derby! (Rain date Sunday, October 29th)
To Pre-Register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Perky’s Pumpkin Derby)
Check in begins at 12:30pm & closes at 1:45pm.
Race Heats begin at 2pm
Two Weight Categroies: Under 12lbs & Over 12lbs
1. You must utilize a real pumpkin in your design.
2. All design elements must be family friendly.
3. The full size of your pumpkin craft may not exceed 18 inches in diameter and 25 lbs in weight.
4. Wheels must go THROUGH the pumpkin
5. No motorization or fire power, let gravity do the work.
6. If you attach your pumpkin to a pre-fabricated chassis of any kind, you will be placed into a separate category.
Good to Know:
1. Pumpkins will be racing side by side and therefore a little “bumper car” action may take place during race heats. There will be no penalties for such instances.
2. Prizes will be awarded to race winners as well as for creativity in design.
3. There will be two weight classes; under 12lbs total craft weight and over 12 lbs total craft weight.
4. Race divisions and heats will be decided at check in when pumpkin crafts are weighed in.
For more information, visit http://jenkinsons.com/events/perkys-pumpkin-derby/