- This event has passed.
Friday Nights at Donaldson Farms w/ James Off Main
July 31 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$10 – $14
𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗔𝗟 𝗙𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗔𝗧 𝗜𝗧𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧! 𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆, 31, 2020 from 5:00 to 9:00pm
Join us for 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦 𝗔𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗗𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗦 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗝𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗦 𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗠𝗔𝗜𝗡 (aka James on Main) in our outdoor kitchen, live musical guest THE ATLANTA CAFE BAND. This event is much like our ‘Summer Nights on the Farm’ event – same time, same place, same fun – with a delicious new twist. This is a ticketed event – no walk-ins! https://bit.ly/FNOF73120FB
(FYI – There will be no Friday Night event the following Friday, August 7th as we take a break to prepare for the 2nd Annual Arc of Warren County Food Truck Fest on Saturday, August 8th from Noon – 8pm).
Our much-loved Summer Nights on the Farm outdoor dining and music series will continue this season with a few new format updates and exciting culinary changes so that we can safely host this family-friendly neighborhood favorite! Please be sure to read below as some details have changed – admission tickets are required for all guests to attend this event. https://bit.ly/FNOF73120FB
Relax and enjoy delicious food and live music outdoors while surrounded by the stunning views of growing crop fields and mountain vistas. Bring your own adult beverages are permitted.
This event series will continue through August (some dates excluded). Additional dates and info will be posted soon.
DINNER MENU FRIDAY, JULY 31 2020
–> JAMES OFF MENU
WOODFIRED 6-HOUR PRIME RIB – MAIN OPTION $29
Certified Black Angus Beef, slowly woodfired till medium rare, roasted local organic red gold potatoes, Donaldson Farms’ summer vegetable, and heirloom garlic saute
BURRATA AND FRESH CUT SUMMER SALAD $19
Donaldson’s red, green and buttercrunch leaf lettuces,
burrata, ripe heirloom tomato, Donaldson Farms’ grilled
fairytale eggplant and summer green beans in vinaigrette
SMOKED JUMBO WINGS $23
6 Jumbo Chicken Wings from the smoker with peach BBQ glaze and Donaldson Farms’ sweet corn and bacon succotash
A LA CARTE
• Corn Dog w/ Fresh Cut Fries … $9
• Fresh Cut Fries … $7
DESSERT – Warm Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownie Brioche Bread Pudding $12 served with vanilla ice cream
**(please order dessert after your meal)**
Lemonade $3 • Spindrift Flavored Seltzer $3 • Bottled Water $1.50
–> DONALDSON FARMS MENU
Donaldson Farms Roasted Sweet Corn $3/ear
Steamed Clams w/ melted butter $9/dozen
Bottled Water $1.50
Soda (can) $2
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS
• Event Date – Friday, July 31, 2020
• Event Time – 5:00pm – 9:00pm
• Dinner/Food Schedule – 5:00pm to 8:00pm
• Live Music Schedule – THE ATLANTA CAFE BAND will play from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
• Rita’s Italian Ice & Frozen Custard – CASH ONLY
• Clowns & Gowns Balloon Art
• Dove Environmental – education and kids crafts
• 𝗔𝗱𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘁.
• All food is sold separately and is not included in your admission ticket
• Adult Tickets ages 15yrs and older $10/pp
• Youth Tickets ages 14 yrs and younger are free, but you must still reserve a ticket for each child
• Tickets may be purchase online supplies last https://bit.ly/FNOF73120
• Tickets may be purchased in our Farm Market beginning Monday, July 27th
FOOD & ORDERING
James Off Main Dinner Menu & Ordering- Each week, a new delicious menu of locally-sourced and inspired foods will be offered using a mobile ordering system This allows you to order right from your seating area and you’ll receive a text when your food is ready. If you prefer not to order via your mobile phone, you will still be able to order at the outdoor kitchen counter. (See this week’s menu posted in the comments or ticket website)
Donaldson Farms Sweet Corn & Steamed Clams by the dozen – We will be offering our own roasted sweet corn and steamed littleneck clams with butter by the dozen. Look for the separate tent area where you will be able to order/pay directly for these summertime favorites.
James on Main restaurant in Hackettstown has earned a reputation as the go-to dining establishment for enjoying local food at its best – serving locally-sourced and seasonally-inspired menu items that are handcrafted and healthfully composed. This summer, Chef Bill Van Pelt and his culinary crew are taking their show on the road to Donaldson Farms’ outdoor kitchen as James OFF Main!
• Payment Methods – Credit cards and cash are accepted
• Arrival/Parking – Please follow the signs and park in our ‘Event Parking’ area. Wear your mask in the parking lot, when entering through the farm market, and check-in. You will be asked to wash your hands at our handwashing station before you enter. Please arrive a few minutes early to be patient during check-in. Ticketing and check-in are new for us, so please arrive a few minutes early. We appreciate your patience.
•Social Distancing – All guests are required to social distance (6ft apart) with no more than 8 people per group unless you are from the same family or household Choose your spot on the grass lawn area and be sure to social distance your group from others. Spaces on the lawn are first-come-first-serve just like the beach. You must social distance when in line for food, restroom breaks, and all other times when you are not seated with your group.
• Masks/Face Coverings – all guests are required to wear a mask/face covering at all times except when seated with your group. Masks are suggested for children over the age of 2 yrs. Please wear a mask when walking across the public lawn area to the restroom, food ordering/pick up areas, inside the farm market, etc. You may remove your mask while seated with your group.
• We have very few tables available. Guests should bring seating options of their choice for example; picnic blankets, lawn chairs, lawn chairs with attached umbrellas, pop-up/portable tables
• Guests may bring adult beverages, seating and games/toys for children
• Guests may NOT bring outside food, pop-up tents or beach umbrellas
• Activities – hayrides, pony rides, and laser tag will not be available at this time due to Covid-19 restrictions.
• Children – Children are free, but free tickets must be obtained online or at the Farm market while supplies last. Please feel free to bring toys and activities to keep your children busy. Please help by keeping a very close eye on your kids so that we can continue to host these events safely. There may be special guests during the evening to provide arts & crafts and other activities. We ask that you BYO crayons and markers, if interested.
• Service Dogs Only are allowed on the farm. Pets whose function is to provide comfort or emotional support (ESD) do not qualify as a Service Animal under the Americans With Disabilities Act. Service Dogs walk beside their handler. They do not bark, sniff, jump, visit, urinate, or defecate while working. They are not held in the arms of their handler. Donaldson Farms has the right to refuse any pets whose function is not that of a service animal. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
• Compliance – Social distancing and masks/face coverings are required for all adults and suggested for children above the age of 2 yrs. All guests are required to social distance (6ft apart) with no more than 8 people per group unless they are from the same family/household
• Rain Date – no rain date is scheduled
• Cancellation – Sometimes Mother Nature does not cooperate. Cancellations may happen if the weather forecast looks to prevent us from safely hosting our guests. In the case of a cancellation, your admission fee will be refunded, and Take Out/Curbside Pick-Up may be available for dinner and food items.
• Curbside Pick Up – Curbside Pick-Up may be available if the event is canceled due to weather. Ordering instructions will be provided.
For more than eight consecutive years, Donaldson Farms has been hosting Summer Nights on the Farm. This year, due to Covid-19, we’ve made a few changes in order to adapt to current times and safety requirements. We are very excited to collaborate with James on Main as the feature chef/restaurant for most of the season.